Monday, October 17, 2016

                                               Choice of Literature Analysis #3
The book I'm planning to read is the book Reaching Out by Francisco Jimenez. I find his books really interesting, because his books tell really important chapters of his life and how many struggles he had to face in order to achieve what he wanted. In my perspective I can just feel all his pain leaving behind his family in order to accomplish his dreams, spending Christmas by himself in his dorm in New York while his family is back in California. There were happy times in his books like getting married having kids, and there were sad times like not having enough money to buy a plane ticket to go back to California and see his family. But also he was raised here, here in Santa Maria California. I could sort of relate to his stories because my parents work in the strawberry fields for 10 hours and 6 days a week. I find him as an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment