Wednesday, September 21, 2016

                                               Observation to Literature Book
The book I'm reading is Taking Hold by Francisco Jimenez. So far by the character which is also the author, well he is a really hard worker. He is so determined to keep on going no  matter how many obstacles are in his way. He is also a very strong young man he was 23 years old during that time. But I noticed that at times he was very sad and depressed and me myself reading the book got depressed at some times in the story. A main part of the story I remember is that he left his mother, girlfriend, and siblings behind in California. The reason is because he was offered a scholarship to go to Columbia University which is in New York. And to top it off his family was dirt-poor so they couldn't afford anything. When Christmas came around he didn't even have the chance to head back home because he couldn't afford a plane ticket. So he was myself in his dorm room on Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment